Have Questions About Buying Farm Land?
We Have Your Answers
As farm land real estate brokers and auctioneers, we know the issues and trends that will impact your upcoming farm land purchase. As leaders in the industry, we've spent decades learning while leading clients through farmland purchases. We've used this experience and our expertise to develop learning materials just for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Selecting a Broker
Questions to Ask When Selecting a Broker
When buying agricultural real estate, working with a farm land specialist can minimize the price you pay and maximize your long-term return on investment. The seller will have a broker working on his behalf; shouldn't you? Ask yourself these questions before selecting a broker to help with your ag land purchase.
Does the broker:
- Specialize in farm land sales?
- Make you feel comfortable with the purchasing process?
- Communicate clearly with you, encouraging questions and explaining terms and procedures?
- Help you set realistic investment parameters for your farm land purchase?
- Have experience in analyzing and assessing farm land values and understand the variables that will impact your long-term return on investment?
- Know farm land values in the area you wish to buy? Provide you with recent comparable sale information to support this value?
- Understand complex financing arrangements?
- Have connections with absentee and institutional investors?
- Have experience in tax-deferred exchanges?
- Research all available properties to help uncover the best property for you to buy?
Answering these questions will help you establish your goals for investing in agricultural land and determine how much assistance you will need to accomplish them.